Terms & Conditions
All transactions are quoted in pounds sterling and are for UK purchases only. Many items exclude delivery charges (see our ‘Delivery and postage section) or individual item for details.
1. Ordering and Payment Information
If you would like to order from us one please call Stafford on 07973 617376.
Or alternatively you can email us via email@example.com or use one of the enquiry buttons throughout the website.
As you look around thecowshed.co.uk, please make a note of item reference numbers as it makes us easy for us to quickly check on what you are interested in.
Payment via credit and debit card
We accept all major credit and debit cards and receive payment in person or over the phone.
Payment via cheque, postal order or cash
You may pay via cheque or postal order, please make sure you have talked to us first or contacted us via email to confirm the items availability and the total price.
Please write your name, address and order number on the reverse of your cheque. Please note that if thecowshed.co.uk has not received your payment within 7 days of placing your order, we cancel your order and make your items re-available for sale. When paying by cheque, please note that as per standard banking practice, we allow 5 full working days after receiving your cheque to allow for clearance through the banking system before we dispatch your goods.
Please make all cheques payable to The Cowshed
We can only accept cheques from UK bank accounts and in £ sterling.
Our full address is:-
Isle of Wight
Cash payments are accepted at our shop on the Isle of Wight or if agreed in advance we will accept “cash on delivery”.
Items not available
Generally items if sold are removed from the web site either on the day or within the next two days. Apologies if something you have enquired about has already been sold, but as yet not removed from the website.
2. Delivery and Postage Information
Due to the sizes and weights of many of the pieces we sell a standard delivery price is not appropriate. Therefore we offer a number of different options.
Courier deliveries across the IOW
There is a fee of £15 for a single item to be delivered from thecowshed.co.uk throughout the Isle of Wight.
Courier deliveries to UK Mainland
Deliveries to the U.K. mainland may be arranged on application by contacting thecowshed.co.uk. We make regular visits to various locations in the South of England. Contact us with your postcode via email or telephone prior to checking out and we will be able to give you an accurate delivery price quickly. Any delivery quotes provided along with the price of the order remains valid for 72 hours from when sent. There are no obligations to buy when requesting or receiving a quote for delivery.
UK Postage and packing
Our postage charges only apply to UK purchases. We reserve the right to make additional charges for overseas deliveries and remote parts of the UK such as Shetland and Western Isles. We recommend all overse as customers to contact us to discuss their orders and delivery charges before making assumptions on the cost. Most orders are sent by Royal Mail first/second class post or by private courier (depending on the item/s being purchased).
Where more than one item has been ordered we may be able to provide a rebate on the costs of delivery if they can be packaged together.
3. Delivery, processing and handling of your order.
Thecowshed.co.uk is a small family business and we do our best to get your items to you as soon as possible, this means that we will process your order within 2-3 days of it being placed and aim to despatch all products out to customers within 5 working days, unless mutually arranged otherwise.
Please do allow 7 working days before making enquiries about the progress of your order.
We allow 5 working days after receiving your cheque to allow for clearance through the system before we dispatch your goods.
4. Refunds and returns
All descriptions on thecowshed.co.uk are to provide additional detail. At no point do we intend to deceive with our content descriptions, however errors can be made and if noticed we will endeavour to rectify as quickly as possible.
The items we sell are mainly old, antiques, vintage i.e. of some age. As a consequence, they may have flaws, imperfections, surface marks, cracks, and other faults. We take customer satisfaction very seriously. All goods can be returned if they do not meet your requirements. However, if you wish to return goods to thecowshed.co.uk, please inform us of your intention to return the goods within 72 hours of receipt of goods by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in writing. Returned goods must be received by us within 14 days of receipt of goods. Returned goods must be returned with all parts. The customer is responsible for selecting a suitable means of returning the goods to us and must take responsibility for their safe return to us. Thecowshed.co.uk suggests you obtain a certificate of postage, which is free via the post office when returning goods. We are unable to accept responsibility for any packages lost in the post.
If you are dissatisfied with your online purchase in any way you are entitled to return the item to thecowshed.co.uk. Unfortunately, postage to the customer and the return postage will not be refunded. All refunds will be completed within 30 days of item return.
5. Faulty goods
Should any of your goods arrive damaged, please e-mail (email@example.com) within three days of receipt. We will help resolve any problems reported after this point but reserve the right to pass on any associated costs. Please also enclose a copy of your invoice with the reason for returning the item.
TheCowshed.co.uk will not retain your details for any other use than to process and follow up on your order. We don’t share your details with anyone else… ever.
We collect information about you when you order or when you ask us for information so that we can either deliver to you or respond to your enquiry. Information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Whenever we email you, you are free to let us know that you don’t want any further emails from us – just say, and we’ll stop contacting you. We have no control or influence over the privacy policies that apply to websites that you can access by following links out of this site.
Cookies are used on this website to show us when people are active on our website and which pages they access most often. We don’t store or capture any information, other than logging your IP address and session info such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser you used. This is automatically undertaken by our web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we analyse from time to time to evaluate use of our site. This information doesn’t identify you to us as an individual, and we don’t track your behaviour on our site and link it to you. We use summary data to improve our service to customers, and might share some statistics and summaries, without any elements of personal data attached, with other companies to encourage advertising on our site.
7. Copyright and Liability
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
• This website and its content is copyright of – © thecowshed.co.uk 2011 All rights reserved.
• Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.